Pages in Excellence

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Gettng the Skinny on Shakeology

I'm not going to try to be the infomercial here for Shakeology®. If you really want to know everything that is in it and what other people think about it, then you should check out the SHAKEOLOGY® website. I could go on and on about the over 70+ ingredients, but the truth is I don't have to. I mean when something taste good do you really care what's in it? Well, of course you do. Just testing to see if you are paying attention. But let's face it, there are a lot of people out there that are plain skimping on taste just because some celebrity is endorsing it as being the GREATEST thing since sliced bread on the market. Ok, we all know now that sliced bread wasn't necessarily the greatest or healthiest thing for you. So I am going out on a limb here, but betting so are a lot of those "DRINK ME SKINNY" products out there.

Truth of the matter is, if you are looking for a meal replacement - then you really ought to be looking at the nutritional value you are substituting for your meal. Otherwise you are probably going to rob your body of some very vital nutrients you need to help build and develop the lean muscular body you really want. So how are you going to know what's right for you? The same "label reading" method you have been perfecting when making better food choices while developing healthy eating habits. You need to get out there, look at the assortment of products and make an informed choice about what is right for you. Not just because some Hollywood actor or actress says it's "how they got their body." I'm betting all those personal trainers and hours at the gym had a little to do with it. I mean, if I could spend 4-5 hours in the gym everyday I probably could get that hourglass killer body while being the spokesperson for tap water. But I imagine most of you reading this are just like me. I live in the 8 to 5 corporate world where my mornings are filled with rise and shine workout sessions (even though P90X+® is so worth it) grabbing a quick shower, making breakfast and getting the little guy off to school and me out the door to the job within seconds of missing the next click on the time clock. My evenings are spent cooking meals, helping with homework, doing the dishes, getting the little guy off to bed and then if I am lucky, a few minutes to myself to blog or play on Facebook. My weekends are filled with catching up laundry, running errands and attending whatever sports activity my little guy is currently participating in (sometimes multiple events on one day). I just want something that helps me meet my nutritional goals, taste good and is convenient enough I can pack it and GO!

I like Shakeology® because Team Beachbody did an excellent job of putting all the things I need in a convenient carry-along pouch. I mean as you read above, I don't have very many minutes in the day to always make the best nutritional choices. So having one of these in my purse all the time just helps me to stay on track of my nutrition goals. It's like always having a plan! And everyone knows "if you fail to plan, plan to fail." So I'm not going to tell you what you have to buy, I'm just telling you to do the comparison. Research the other meal replacements out there. Compare what you are getting for your money. Then make an informed choice.


®

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any comments you might have. I alway welcome suggestions and value your opinions.