Pages in Excellence

Saturday, May 15, 2010

Curried Tuna to Celebrate Halfway Point

I have successfully completed Week 6 of the P90X+® !This morning was Kenpo Cardio Plus. I just love Kenpo. That tells me that I am so ready to move to the next level. I can't wait until they launch the TurboFire® . Life couldn't be more exciting than it is now.

Today I went shopping for new clothes! YAY ME! What girl doesn't like getting a "smaller" wardrobe? It was simply fabulous to walk into that dressing room and slide those skinny jeans on. Can we say "buh-bye fat pants...hello skinny jeans?" Armed with all my new clothes (shopping bags galore), I rushed home and immediately boxed up all those big girl pants. Yes, tomorrow we will be making a Goodwill donation. There will be NO COMFORT ZONE in this house. That size is long gone and no reason for it to return. Temptation has left the premises.

To keep my eating in check, I also picked up some really cool cookbooks today at the local garage sales. Isn't just amazing what some people with practically give away? My favorite find in garage sales are cookbooks. And today I scored big time. One of the cookbooks I found was copyright 1990 "Light & Easy for Two!" by Lee Harvey & Helen Chambers. The cookbook is complete with shopping guides, food storage recommendations, tips, sample menus and delicious recipes. Each recipe shows a breakdown for both oven and microwave directions. It truly is filled with some very good recipes. Tonight I ventured on the Curried Tuna recipe. Excellent choice! This recipe will definitely be a keeper for my family.

Curried Tuna

1 tbsp Canola oil
1 small Onion, chopped
1 Garlic Clove, minced
1 Celery Stalk, sliced thin
2 tsp Brown Rice Flour
1 1/4 tsp Curry Powder
1/4 tsp White Pepper
1/2 cup Vegetable Bouillon
1 (1.5 oz) small box Raisins
1 (6.5 oz) can Chunk Tuna in water, drained
1 small Jazz Apple, chopped
Prepared Brown Rice

In a medium saucepan, heat the oil slightly. Add the onion, garlic and celery. Cook until softened. Stir in the flour, curry powder and pepper. Add the vegetable bouillon, stirring to avoid lumps, while thickening slightly. Mix in the raisins and tuna, cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the apple and cook and additional minute or to desired consistency. Serve over prepared brown rice.

Recipe was modified to make it Gluten free. Light & Easy For Two! Lee Harvey & Helen Chambers.

Serving size: Curried Tuna over one cup prepared brown rice.

Approximately: 2 Servings


Calories: 457 Total Fat: 10 g Cholesterol: 27 mg
Sodium: 350 mg Potassium: 711 mg Carbs: 65 g
Dietary Fiber: 6 g Sugar: 13 g Protein: 29 g

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any comments you might have. I alway welcome suggestions and value your opinions.