Pages in Excellence

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Vacation is done! Time to get back to CLEAN EATING!

For those of you wondering where I have been, well it is a long story. First off, I went to Texas to visit my son, his girlfriend, my grandson, my folks and the greatest friends anyone could ask for. Thank goodness for my Christmas present, my Garmin GPS! Made the trip a breeze to get around in those CRAZY streets in the Dallas/Ft. Worth Metroplex. I made it safe and sound right to my son's front doorstep without a hiccup one. I had so much fun getting to know his girlfriend and her family. Awesome people! Downright southern hospitality the whole time I was there.

After a few nights there, I ventured on to Grand Saline, Texas. Now my parents live in the "boonies." I could not get a signal the whole time I was there. That is how buried in the sticks they live. But I had a wonderful time cooking for my parents and giving them some good tips on how to eat clean and not break the bank doing it. I think my dad actually enjoyed all the fresh vegetables. Especially when I made him my Black Bean Stew. So I had plenty of catching up to do with the folks and of course, shopping with Mom. Who doesn't like to go shopping with their mom? It was so much fun!

I also got to go visit my dearest friend. It has been 15 years since I saw my old BFF and roommate. WOW! She looked fabulous. I don't care how much time has come between us, that one night it was as though all the years melted away and there we were back in the good times we had before. We went to a place called Gilligan's in Arlington, Texas to an outdoor block party with a live band and complete with River Dancers to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. Happy to say I drank good old fashion H20 the whole time we were there, which was from about 4:30 PM until 11:00 PM. I had a blast! Definitely not going to let another 15 years pass until we see each other again!

After that I got to spend a fun day back in my hometown of Red Oak, Texas. OMG! I could not believe the new High School. It was AMAZING! My eight year old smiled at me in awe and says, "Mom, when I grow up I want to go to college there!" Yeah, it was that BIG! I would have given anything to have attended it now. My hometown used to be a spot on the map between Lancaster and Waxahachie. Now it is it's own little country. Still can't get over the fact that when I was growing up we had a Dairy Queen. Now it is home to several places to eat, shopping centers, etc. Good for Red Oak!

I also got to visit with two of the greatest people I had the pleasure of going through those awkward high school years with. After 25 years of not seeing each other, it was all squeals and hugs! You know you go through your whole life and no one in this world will ever be as close to you as those you grew up with. Those friendships are truly ones that will withstand the test of time. Every memory came flooding back just as if we were going to hook up after school to go "cruising" once again down the DeSoto strip.

I had a great time! Now I am home and ready to get the "Clean Eating" back on track. I have another Tony Horton Clean Eating Throw Down starting on Monday, April 5, 2010 through Sunday, April 21, 2010. Anyone and everyone is welcome to attend. Just come visit us at The Cinderella Pact and check out the details. Life is good. So get ready to Bring It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any comments you might have. I alway welcome suggestions and value your opinions.