Pages in Excellence

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Onward with the Eating Clean Challenge

I survived Day 2 of the challenge. It really isn't as hard as I had thought it was going to be. I found some rice spaghetti at the local grocery store that was gluten and dairy free. We had that with a sugar-free tomato basil sauce, complete with an Asian salad with fresh Roma tomatoes and a red pepper vinaigrette. It was very yummy. My little guy missed the meat in his sauce, but actually ate quite well. He even tried some carrots and tomatoes! WOW! This might be a good change for our family.

I also started the doubles. The morning was CardioX 5 AM wake-up call. This is really a doable workout for the extra routine. It is a combination of Yoga, Kenpo, Plyo and Core rolled into about 45 minutes. So not a bad way to start the morning. Then when I got home, I met up with the girlfriend and we made our 2 mile walk. Afterwards I came home, made dinner, ate and it was back downstairs for round 2 with Chest and Back with a little Ab Ripper X. Let's just say by the end of my day I was pretty much "toasty toast". So sleep for me was not a problem.

Now here I am on Day 3. Breakfast usually starts off the Oatmeal and Agave. Today I threw in some chopped banana. Good choice. I had roasted almonds for a snack and lunch was a fresh spinach salad with Cranberry Walnut vinaigrette. This was a good dressing, but watch out...it is a bit on the tart side. At least the diet is proving to me there are other dressings outside of everyone's favorite, RANCH. My choices now are healthier. Hopefully that means a happier, healthier me!

For dinner tonight I made this great little Black Bean recipe that you eat over brown rice. It was very filling and we had enough leftovers that being creative for lunch tomorrow won't be a problem. Three days down and only eleven more to go. I have to admit the dairy and meat thing are really hard. I miss my glass of skim milk in the mornings with my oatmeal. I'm tempted to try one of the Soy milks, but for right now I've been doing a glass of green tea. 

CardioX this AM and didn't get to the Plyometrics this evening. One of life's little crisis came up and family always comes first. No worries. I will be back at it tomorrow. Slight altercation in plans. Looks like Plyometrics in the AM and Shoulders & Arms with Ab Ripper X in the PM. It's doable. Here is a picture of my husband doing Plyometrics. Yes this one is definitely the golden ticket to a better YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any comments you might have. I alway welcome suggestions and value your opinions.