Pages in Excellence

Thursday, February 25, 2010

The Benefits are in Eating Clean

Day 4 with the Eating Challenge still has me moving forward. I tell you what, I have slept better than I ever have. And I am so much more alert. I will credit the diet for my strides in becoming more sound mentally! I did have to add back in the P90X Recovery Formula! I just needed a little energy boost because of the doubles. That takes a lot out of you, even without all the diet restrictions. The Recovery Formula has always worked well for me. I don't think using it on my heavy cardio workouts like the Plyo is going to be a huge sin. I just need it! And I like it. I've always used it at just one scoop. One of those containers goes A LONG LONG way, especially one scoop at a time. It just always helps me recover quickly.

Last night I made a homemade vegetable stew! OMG! It was fabulous!!! I love stew anyway, this was just the meatless variety. I actually threw in some Lima beans. My husband hates them, but didn't even realize they were in there and he ate 4 huge bowls of the stuff!!! And it was just fresh veggies cooked to perfection!!! He took 2 large containers in his lunch today. I also found some Almond Milk last night. Icy cold it taste pretty similar to milk, except it smells like almonds. It is sugarfree, so I can fake myself out a little here. There are always solutions...sometimes you just got look for them.

Yesterday was Plyometrics in the AM! 177 HRM!!! YAY ME!! In the evening I was back to Shoulders & Arms! I love this workout. I did really good and increased reps on a lot of the exercises. I even got up to 18 Side Tri Rises and my Crouching Cohen Curls were all supersets!!! YAY ME! Life is good!!!

This summertime will be FABULOUS as I am running the beaches...bikini fine!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any comments you might have. I alway welcome suggestions and value your opinions.