Pages in Excellence

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Low-Impact Can Still Mean High-Intensity

Today was a great workout with the TurboFire ® Fire Class 45 EZ. I'm finding it extremely difficult to hold back the strong urge to let my feet leave the ground. Sometimes I think that the intensity is even magnified just fighting the impulse that builds inside me as the music and Chalene Johnson make me just want to JUMP! 1..2..3..4..I just have to stop myself and count to ten each time. I can do this low-impact. But with all honesty...it is hard.


The scary part for me at this moment is realizing that jumping is no longer an option for me. I truly do understand the consequences of such an action. My knee has been through a lot. The thought of heading into surgery again keeps my feet firmly planted on the ground even though my heart really wants to cop the air and touch the ceiling. But I'm making the adjustment. I'm watching, learning and finding ways to not let my limitations keep me from making the most of my workout. Just because it has to be low-impact doesn't mean it can't be high-intensity. One of the reasons I am truly thankful that Chalene did include a modifier with TurboFire ® . And let me say, just because it's low-impact for me, don't think I can't still bring a sweat. I totally ROCK the sweat-factory!

The nutrition is going well. My husband is about Veganed-out. But for me, it has helped me overcome a hurdle and plateau. Not to mention I actually ENJOY all the new menu items. It really has gotten me out of my comfort zone and made me explore all the fresh fruits and vegetables my diet was really lacking. The great thing is - I like it. It is fun going to the produce aisle and exploring all the vegetables I've never even thought of preparing. Now I find myself almost seeking out something different so I can experiment with it in some new recipe. For the most part, I've been really pleased with my creations like the Italian Chickpea Artichoke Stew. I even took a sample to work with me and shared with my boss. She loved it! I can't help but think how far my life has come since Tony Horton made that infamous challenge in the chatroom that night, "No alcohol; No caffeine; No refined sugar or white flour; No wheat products or gluten; No dairy products; No meat or animal products for two weeks." My life was forever changed. That was the pivotal moment that set the wheels in motion and finally it all clicked. Nutrition and Exercise are the whole equation for a HEALTHIER HAPPIER YOU! I actually do "think" before eating now. Food has become Fuel!

I know I sure can't wait until this weekend to finally meet Tony Horton in person. WOW! Sometimes I have to pinch myself to think this is actually my reality. I would of never guessed in a million years that I would find myself actually making a career doing something I totally enjoy. But it has become such a passion. I wake up each morning eager to get to the basement and slam in the DVD for some "go-time". All the while knowing that I'm giving my body the best attention it has ever had. I mean, I'm actually starting to see muscles...ME...I'm getting muscles. I don't know for sure if I've ever had them. I know that sounds silly, but as long as I can remember I've always been "soft." LOL. Even when I was considerably thin, I don't recall ever seeing the outline of a muscle. The more I see it now, the more encouraged I am to keep "PUSHING PLAY." It is like an addiction, but the kind I'm willing to accept.

The best thing about all of this is having a great community of Team Beachbody members and coaches to share it with. I've made some really fantastic friends along the way. These people started out being my "buddies" and have ended up being my "life support!" I know whatever it is I'm feeling or dealing with, there is someone who is going to help me through it or going to give me that 'attaboy' for getting it done. You can't help but be inspired by the sheer determination and team spirit which truly runs rampant on the message board threads. Just watching any one the thousands of transformations that are happening on a daily basis is enough to lift you up and get you going. I'm definitely so proud to be part of this movement in lifelong health and fitness. It feels great to know that in some small way, I'm contributing to an even grander scale.

We will win the war on obesity...one pound, one inch, one person at a time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any comments you might have. I alway welcome suggestions and value your opinions.