Pages in Excellence

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I've checked into the Asylum

I just finished an Insanity ® / P90X ® Hybrid and absolutely LOVED it! Insanity ® has definitely raised the bar on my fitness level. I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE what Shaun T has done for me and so now I'm going to be paying it forward. I'm within 11 lbs of my goal weight and hoping the Asylum ® is my ticket to ride.

This was my end results with my hybrid. Not too bad for a girl! LOL ... a 47-year old girl!

There were people in there ranging from all levels of fitness. I'm 47 and a knee surgery survivor...but I've learned to modify where I need to and listen to my body to push when I can and back off where it needs be. First and most important thing you will learn when doing ANY extreme fitness program..."no pain, no gain" is the recipe for INJURY. You should push your muscles enough to feel the resistance and bring them to failure. But going to the point that you hurt yourself is NUTS, not Insanity ® . So if I begin to feel my form go or I feel like something is starting to bind...I don't PUSH. I stop, refocus and do it right. I listen because I want to be successful with the program. It's not about being a super hero, it's about doing my best to make my body the best it can be!

Anyway...that workout with Shaun definitely made it a no-brainer...I was coming home to the Asylum ® . I'd been to the water and I drank the koolaid! Yeah, I'm just like any other Team Beachbody Junkie - once you get started you can't help be become addicted to getting fit and pushing yourself to even higher levels. It's the challenge that hooks you and the results that keep you.

So my next journey has begun. Yesterday was Day 1. Speed & Agility. Definitely let me know "I am raising the bar." I thought I could bring the sweat with Insanity. OMG! I was in learning mode yesterday and soaked through and through! I LOVED IT!!!

And when it was over...I was like "HOOYEAH the next 30-days are going to be sweet!" I've got my day 1 photos. But think I will wait until next Monday to post so I can do weekly comparisons. A total way to keep myself accountable since it is afterall a 30-Day program..let's see what happens. "Momma needs her some abs!" I want a Shaun T belly!!!

This is one program I just know is going to bring my fitness exactly where I want it to be. This morning I had Day 2: Strength. This is a weight/resistance workout that literally had my body screaming. All I can say is WOW! You totally will not be disappointed. This is definitely the kind of strength training one would expect Shaun T Style. You go so fast you don't have time to think about your muscles getting tired...it's just boom, boom, boom. One move after another. And I could feel it.

I did the back flys with weights instead of the pullup bar. Not that I didn't want to do the pullup bar...just that meant hitting pause button to go to my bedroom (bar is in my closet opening) and since I had the option of the weights, I figured why not? Let me tell you, about an hour after the workout I had a major burn setting in between my shoulder blades. Yeah, this baby is going to work.

Now for all you ladies out there, I was using 10 and 15 pound weights throughout the workout. Seemed to work perfectly for me. I think the speed of the reps made that a good starting point for me, anyhow. The combination moves that lead into the pushups and the spiders were my favorite. Yeah, I'm thinking this is really going to get that fat to finally go "buh-bye". And absolutely love the weighted core work at the end. You can feel it target both your upper and lower abs...us girls all know THAT'S A GOOD thing.

So all I have to say is "I'M IN IT!" This is one time I really want to let them see me sweat!

Day 1 - Welcome to the Asylum!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any comments you might have. I alway welcome suggestions and value your opinions.