Pages in Excellence

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

12 Steps to Fitness

The countdown has begun! We are only a few short days away from 2011. How will you be starting your New Year? Have you made your list of resolutions? I can tell you for sure getting fit and healthy are leading my list. Now that I have the holidays and temptation behind me, I'm ready to start off my New Year with a "can do" attitude!

This weekend I posted a video blog introducing "12 Steps to Fitness." Basically what I am going to do is a weekly series introducing a new challenge each Sunday for us to follow during the coming week. This will be a 12 week series and a step by step approach to help us get Fit and Healthy in 2011. For those of you already on track with your nutrition and fitness regimen, it will be more of a refresher course. But for those who are just starting out and ready to give up your bad habits and trade them in for healthier ones, this will be more of a habit building process to help you make better choices in the upcoming year. Sometimes it is those little changes that lead to huge success.

I know it can be overwhelming once you decide to lose weight or try to change unhealthy habits for good ones. So instead of having to concentrate on all the right things at one time, we are going to master each step one at a time! So you might think of it as climbing a mountain, one rock at a time. Now that doesn't mean you can start off your new fitness regimen with a half-hearted attitude. I still expect you to follow your nutrition and fitness guides that come with your programs. It just means we are going to pay particular attention to key steps each week that will keep your program rocking passed the 90 days! I want to help you be successful by sharing with you some basic steps to keep you on track and focused.

If you haven't already chosen a fitness program, Team Beachbody has a huge assortment of some really good programs for all levels of fitness. If your not quite sure what type of program you might want to try, be sure to check out our comparison chart. This will give you a great overall look at each program and help you align your program with the fitness goals you have in mind. I would be more than happy to answer any questions you might have about the various programs. Simply go to my website and click on the "Contact Me" button and together we'll find a program that's right for you. Even if you aren't sure what you would like to do just yet, I still want you to follow along. The tips and steps I will be sharing with you, will help you breakdown the barriers that are keeping you from reaching your fitness goals. Besides, we are all more likely to achieve our goals when we have someone keeping us accountable. So let's do this together and become each others success partner! I can even coach you for FREE!

As a special bonus, this Friday, December 31, 2010, I am going to post a special video blog on Goal Planning. To help get the most out of the video, I would like you to do a simple brainstorming exercise beforehand. Sometime this week take out a pen, blank sheet of paper and a timer. Find an area in your home or office where you will be completely uninterrupted. Set your timer for 20 minutes. During that 20 minutes I want for you to write down as many things as you can think of that you would like to accomplish during 2011. Go ahead and dream big! Let your heart lead the pen on the paper. Think along the lines of your career, health, fitness, nutrition, relationships, finances, recreation, education, etc. Whatever your heart desires. At the end of the 20 minutes, put your list away. We are going to use this list for a goal planning exercise.  So be sure to bring your list and check out my YouTube channel for details.

Instead of writing down a bunch of resolutions, let's take it one step further and turn them in to goals with an action plan! I want to make 2011 my best year ever! Hope you will join me.

Get Ready to BRING IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave any comments you might have. I alway welcome suggestions and value your opinions.